14th October 2016
Hamlins’ partners discuss the major trends in the licensing landscape in Corporate Disputes magazine
In a roundtable discussion between Hamlins’ Litigation Partner Amanda Burge, IP and Technology Partner Julian Ward and IT consultancy IT Group, the major trends and the reasons for rises in licensing disputes are considered. The roundtable was published in Corporate Disputes magazine, October- December 2016.
The discussion covers topics including:
- An overview of the trends and developments to have emerged across the licensing landscape over the past 12 months.
- The most common reasons licensing disputes take place.
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms available to settle licensing disputes.
- The various considerations when litigation appears certain.
- The steps that can be taken to ensure IP is effectively protected and to avoid disputes taking place.
- How the changes in licensing legislation and regulations are likely to change the licensing environment going forwards.
To discuss any licensing concerns please contact Litigation Partner Amanda Burge.